Get Your Medical Marijuana Card
Talk to a licensed marijuana doctor
and get approved or your money back!
How To Get a Medical Marijuana Card in MI
About Cannabis in MI
Medical marijuana has actually been around in Michigan for a while, but now state voters approved a further bill that allows patients to be seen for a variety of conditions. You can access the official MMMP Bill at the state website.
Create your Account with Veriheal for MMJ in Michigan
To qualify for The Card, you need to have one of the following conditions:
- Hepatitis C
- Crohn’s disease
- Nail patella
- Any chronic disease or ongoing pain, severe nausea, wasting syndrome, seizures or severe muscle spasms
Apply for The Card
Once you’ve seen the doctor and you are approved, you may now go ahead and begin the application process with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program. The following is a list of things you will need for your application:
- 1. Medical records from your doctor describing the diagnosis
- 2. A signed Physician’s Statement from a physician (provided from a Veriheal doctor), currently licensed to practice medicine in Michigan
- 3. Valid proof of residency in Michigan.
- 4. Fill out your application form – http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-79571_79575—,00.html
- 5. Mail your application and Physician Statement to the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) along with the following documents:
- 6. Copy of your Photo ID
- 7. A check or money order in the amount of the application made payable to State of Michigan—MMMP (there’s a reduced fee of $25.00 if currently enrolled in Medicaid or receiving SSI or SSD (include proof if you are a recipient of Medicaid, SSI or SSD))
Frequently Asked Questions
The first step is to obtain a Medical Marijuana Program Certification from a licensed MI physician that is registered with the state of Michigan to treat patients for medical cannabis. The physician must be registered with the Michigan State Department of Health’s Medical Marijuana Program.
We provide the physicians for you! The most difficult part of the process has always been finding a registered physician who prescribes for medical cannabis, but now we make that much easier by allowing you not only access to physicians, but you can meet with them online via video chat and get approved then and there.
No. You can only get approved for medical marijuana from a practitioner that has registered with Michigan’s Medical Marijuana program, and we provide that for you.
Yes! Michigan now allows people with chronic pain to be approved for medical marijuana use.
It’s a simple two step process. First you will meet with a doctor from the comfort of your own home, through video. After being evaluated your physician will let you know if you will be approved for medical cannabis, and if so, you will receive your official recommendation and approval for medical marijuana usage in MI. If you are not approved via video, your consultation is free.
The medical evaluation usually takes 10-15 minutes.
If you are not approved then your consultation is free. We entail a network of highly qualified medical practitioners who are willing to evaluate any patient to see if they qualify for medical cannabis. We have a 99% approval rate so if you are not approved, you are refunded in full.
1) A valid government issued ID Card that states your name a New York address (like a driver’s license or Michigan I Card)
2) A copy of a current utility bill from the past two months that shows your current address
3) A copy of a current government document(incoming mail) from the past two months that shows your current address
4) A copy of a current lease or residential document showing that you live at your current address
Click “Get My Card Now” below and we can get you approved in no time!
Any valid government issued ID showing a MI address.
Any condition qualifies. There are a broad range of symptoms which qualify that the doctor will approve. Ultimately, any chronic or debilitating medical condition will be approved. Some of them most generally fall under the following categories:
- Issues Sleeping
- Chronic Pain
- PTSD Opiate
Once you are approved and receive your medical marijuana certification, you will need to simply complete the state application here.
Mail your application and physician statement to the MDCH with a copy of your ID, and a check for your state application fee of $60.
The cost is $199 and that covers your medical evaluation, your consultation with a licensed MI practitioner registered with the DOH, and an authorized certification for medical marijuana purchases. For $379 you and a friend or family member can both get your cards for a nice little discount.
The only additional fee must be sent in with your application and is $60.
Once you have received your recommendation, you can simply got to the dispensary of your choice and they will assist you in applying. You can call them before you arrive to see exactly what to bring.
There are already tons of dispensaries all over the state. You can see a list of dispensaries HERE.
You will need your 1-year certification from the doctor(US) and your MI medical marijuana card.
Yes! Check our homepage for a list of active states.