This cannabis honey is right on the money! Honey is easily adaptable and often used in a multitude of recipes as a natural sweetener. Did you know that honey has been used in conjunction with holistic and natural medicine over the course of the last five thousand years? It has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which also probably explains why it never goes bad!
Cannabis and honey are a great couple as they can form the base for many different kinds of infused edible recipes. To optimize all of the goodness in the cannabis plant we are going to use cannabis-infused coconut oil in this recipe because cannabinoids love to bind to fats. Since coconut oil is also a solid fat, we don’t have to worry about it separating from the honey. This honey is going to have a bit of a creamy consistency and look similar to creamed or spun honey. It’ll be smooth and spreadable so you won’t have to worry about it dribbling everywhere creating a sticky mess!
- ½ cup of infused coconut oil
- 16oz. honey
- Rubber Spatula
- Glass Storage Container
- Warm up the infused coconut oil in a glass jar. This can be done by submerging the jar (with the lid on) into boiling water for about 5 minutes. Or you can gently microwave it for 30 seconds at a time just be sure to remove the lid.
- Warm the honey by putting it in the microwave for roughly 15 seconds. This will slightly thin the honey for better mixing.
- Pour the warmed honey and heated infused coconut oil into a blender until thoroughly whipped and combined.
- Remove from the blender using a rubber spatula and let it pour through a funnel into its storage container.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Store in the fridge or pantry.
This cannabis honey is a great addition to a slice of toast, a sweetener for tea, or even in a baklava dish. No matter how you choose to use it, its versatility and mild taste make it one of the easiest and gentlest ways to medicate. As with all edibles, be sure to always begin with a low dose and be patient. Stay lifted and enjoy!