The holiday season can be a wonderful time of year where we get to spend time with our friends and loved ones. But let’s be honest, the charm is not complete without some delicious homemade cookies. Gingerbread is one of those quintessential must-haves that should be included in everyone’s holiday dessert spread. For some extra holiday magic, infuse your gingerbread cookies with cannabis and really spread the good cheer!
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¾ Tsp Baking soda
- ½ Tsp Ground nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 ¼ Cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup dark-brown sugar, packed
- ½ Cup molasses
- 1 Large egg
- ¾ Cup cannabutter (room temperature)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and spices and sift them together well into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk or an electronic hand-mixer to beat the wet ingredients: butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and molasses to wet ingredients and mix.
- While mixing, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Dust flour on to a flat surface and roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is about ⅛ th of an inch thick.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut out shapes and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Then decorate to your liking.
As always, consult with a physician and forewarn your guests before consuming cannabis. Remember that edibles can take 1-2 hours to take full effect. We heavily advise that you and your guests start off slow and have patience as the psychoactive properties proceed to emerge. Should you find yourself having a rough time, check out some of these tips to help combat the intensity and try to relax with your best efforts. Practice common sense and do not attempt to operate heavy machinery while under the influence of cannabis. Please keep in mind that the effects of THC edibles will last several hours. Enjoy your bliss!