Dive into the mysterious world of “weed shakes” as we unravel the science behind this curious cannabis-related phenomenon. If you’ve ever experienced a feeling of shakiness inside after consuming large amounts of cannabis, you’re not alone.
This article will explore the various causes, effects, and remedies for weed shakes. Plus, we’ll provide insights and tips to help users better understand and manage this curious phenomenon, ensuring a more enjoyable and comfortable cannabis experience.
What Are Weed Shakes?
Weed shakes are an unsettling yet generally harmless side effect of cannabis use, referring to uncontrollable tremors and muscle spasms experienced when consuming a large quantity of cannabis. These shakes can be pretty uncomfortable, making users feel as though they are shivering or trembling uncontrollably.
Uncovering the Triggers: Common Causes of Weed Shakes
Although the exact cause of weed shakes is still unclear, several factors contribute to their occurrence. However, it’s essential to recognize four primary causes:
- Cold environments can exacerbate THC-induced hypothermia. This results in chills and potentially leads to shivering.
- Overstimulation from stimulants like nicotine and caffeine can contribute to tremors, as these substances excite the nervous system and increase dopamine levels.
- THC-rich cannabis can sometimes provoke anxiety and paranoia, causing excessive amygdala stimulation, resulting in heightened fear, nervousness, and shakes.
- Overconsumption of cannabis is often a significant factor behind weed shakes, as the overwhelming effects of too much THC can cause involuntary muscle spasms.
The Countdown: Estimating the Duration of Weed Shakes
When it comes to the duration of weed shakes, the method of cannabis consumption and individual factors play a significant role. For those who smoke or vape cannabis, the shakes typically subside within approximately 20 minutes.
However, if you’ve consumed edibles, the tremors may last longer, possibly continuing for an hour or more due to the extended high associated with this method of consumption. It’s essential to remember that individual factors, such as tolerance levels, metabolism, and sensitivity to THC, can also influence the duration of weed shakes.
Why You Should Get Your Medical Marijuana Card
Veriheal has satisfied millions of patients nationwide by giving them access to these benefits
- Larger purchase limits
- Peace of mind
- Enhanced legal protection
- Access to higher potency strains
- Save up to 25% on cannabis purchases
- Skip the line at the dispensary
Shaking Off the Tremors: Effective Strategies to Combat Weed Shakes
Research indicates that individuals with pre-existing anxiety or paranoia may be more susceptible to experiencing these symptoms when using cannabis.
The specific type of cannabis you consume can also influence these effects. The outcome variations depend on the precise chemical composition and concentrations of phytocannabinoids and terpenes present in cannabis.
Additionally, cannabis strains with high THC levels may trigger more adverse side effects than those with a more balanced profile. For instance, a 2017 study revealed that when healthy adults consumed 7.5mg of THC, it diminished negative emotions. Conversely, consuming 12.5mg of THC led to an increase in negative feelings.
Fortunately, there are several effective remedies to help alleviate weed shakes. These include:
- Getting up and moving around can help dissipate the tremors; engaging in simple tasks, deep breathing, or practicing meditation or yoga can also be beneficial.
- Adjusting your environment to create a more calming atmosphere can significantly impact your overall experience. For example, switching rooms, dimming the lights, or playing soothing music.
- Avoiding stimulants like caffeine and tobacco can help prevent tremors by calming your nervous system.
- Consider choosing a cannabis strain with a more balanced THC and CBD profile, one with lower THC levels and higher concentrations of other phytocannabinoids and terpenes.
- Incorporating more CBD into your cannabis consumption can counteract the anxiety-inducing effects of THC, reducing the likelihood of experiencing weed shakes.
By employing these strategies, you can effectively manage and prevent weed shakes, resulting in a higher level of comfort.
Navigating the World of Cannabis and Embracing Shake-Free Sessions
In conclusion, while weed shakes may be an unsettling experience, it’s crucial to remember that they are a non-dangerous side effect of cannabis consumption. By being aware of your body’s reactions and understanding the factors that contribute to weed shakes, you can take the necessary steps to avoid or manage them.
Note: The content on this page is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be professional medical advice. Do not attempt to self-diagnose or prescribe treatment based on the information provided. Always consult a physician before making any decision on the treatment of a medical condition.
Author, Share & Comments