Lifestyle, Products and Services
Get Hydrated With a Twist By Drinking CBD Water
May 5, 2020 10:14 am ET
Estimated Read Time: 3 Minutes
For those looking to add CBD to their daily routine, or to try the experience once, there is a wide variety of product options. You may choose to smoke or vape your CBD, or you could find it in the form of an edible such as a baked good, a gummy, or even honey, tea, or ice cream. You could also try CBD oils or topical creams. And if your pets suffer from pain or anxiety, CBD is available in the form of a pet treat! But as the cannabis industry grows, thanks to the spread of legalization, vendors are exploring more and more creative ways to make cannabis available to consumers. Cannabis soft drinks and alcoholic drinks have hit the market as an option, with mixed reviews. But now there’s a new product on the market, one that’s raising a lot of questions, not to mention a lot of eyebrows: CBD water.
What Goes Into CBD Water?
CBD water is water that has been infused with cannabidiol, the cannabis plant compound known for its non-intoxicating properties. Though the amount of CBD in the water you purchase will vary with the brand, most CBD waters contain between 2 and 5 mg of CBD—a surprisingly small amount. The creators of CBD waters claim that their products use nanotechnology to create higher bioavailability levels, meaning that consumers require a lower concentration of CBD to see the same effects.
In addition to the rapid bioavailability, CBD water offers several advantages over other methods of ingesting CBD.
- It’s best suited to athletic pursuits. If you’re going for a jog or a hike, you definitely don’t want to be smoking, and edibles might sit uncomfortably. A bottle of water blends in perfectly with these types of activities.
- It can boost the immune system, with the help of the antioxidants inherent in water.
- Many users have reported experiencing reduced pain and faster recovery times after using CBD water. Though this is anecdotal evidence, it may prove promising for CBD water in the future.
- It’s enjoyable to use. Smoking may not be for everyone, and even edibles can have a taste that people don’t love. But everybody drinks water. For many, it might prove the least disruptive way to incorporate CBD into their lives.
Although CBD water does have some advantages, and although it sounds appealing, there are several cautionary points that must be considered before you go out and buy a bunch of it for yourself.
- CBD water contains small amounts of CBD, and it’s not yet fully understood whether those amounts make a significant difference to the user. You could be paying for nothing at all.
- There is a markup. Some providers charge as much as ten dollars for a single bottle of CBD water. You’re likely to get more bang for your buck if you choose a different CBD product.
As with any other CBD product, it’s important to do your research before partaking in CBD water. You can do this by speaking to the vendor and learning the CBD content of the product, as well as any other information they have to provide.
CBD water appears promising, but more research and testing must be done before we can conclusively say whether or not it will be a good option for CBD consumption in the future. Until then, it still seems like a great way to stay hydrated!
Author, Share & Comments