How To Get Your Medical Marijuana Card in Washington State

Marijuana Buds

You can get your medical marijuana in Washington from dispensaries, or you can buy your own plants and seeds and grow them. Here in this article, we will show how you can buy marijuana in Washington and also how to get your card.

How to Become a Medical Marijuana Patient

First of all, you have to get your medical marijuana authorization from a healthcare practitioner who is allowed by the state to authorize medical marijuana. The healthcare practitioners that can authorize the use of medical marijuana for patients are medical doctors, physician assistants, osteopathic physicians, naturopathic physicians and advanced registered nurses practitioners (given that they are all licensed by the state).

To receive your recommendation from the practitioners, you need to be a legal resident of Washington (and give two proofs of residency), have at least 18 years old, and have one of the following qualifying conditions:

  • Cancer, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or other seizure disorder, or spasticity disorders.
  • Intractable pain, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications.
  • Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, limited for the purpose of this chapter to mean increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications.
  • Crohn’s disease with debilitating symptoms unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
  • Hepatitis C with debilitating nausea or intractable pain unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
  • Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
  • Chronic renal failure requiring hemodialysis.
  • Posttraumatic stress disorder.
  • Traumatic brain injury

With that, you can request and receive your medical marijuana authorization and become a patient. This authorization allows you to grow four plants.

How to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card in Washington

Now that you have your MMJ authorization, you can be registered in the database to become a cardholder. When you become a cardholder in Washington, you will have several benefits, like possessing and growing more plants, purchasing products from retail stores tax-free, purchasing high-THC products and some other benefits that you can check on this page of Washington’s Department of Health.

To join the database and become a cardholder, you will have to do a few things. First, you will take your authorization form and give it a consultant in any licensed and medically endorsed marijuana store who is authorized to work with medical marijuana patients. From there, he will take your authorization form of MMJ patient and he will enter your information in the database, take a picture of you and create your card. You’ll have to pay a $1 fee to create your card, and the endorsed store will collect it and pay to the Department of Health.

Those are the steps you need to take to get your medical marijuana card in Washington.

Head over to our Washington page to get signed up to see a doctor today.

Like it? Share with your friends!

1 comment
Anthony Dutcher
Cannabis content is my passion - art and human culture inspires me. Who doesn't like a juicy-green story?

One Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *