Veriheal is now helping teach patients in NY how to a get a medical marijuana card. The process over the years has been complicated, but it is now very simple, and it’s all online!
Medical Marijuana in New York
In 2016, New York expanded their medical marijuana program. The New York State Department of Health made significant changes to streamline the process that practitioners utilize to register for the medical marijuana program. Since recent, practitioners can register online with the NY Department and certify patients on that same day. Before the process had automation, it could take up to several days for practitioner registrations to be completed. But now, patients can go through Veriheal and book an appointment to get certified to use cannabis legally.
How can I get a medical marijuana card in New York?
- Book An Appointment – Create an account, and book an appointment with a licensed New York marijuana doctor.
- Consult With a NY Practitioner Online – When you’re ready for your appointment, you can use your computer to speak with a doctor who will consult with you and get an understanding of how to best treat your conditions. This consultation usually takes 10-15 minutes.
- Get Approved – Once you finish your consultation online, you are approved for medical marijuana. You receive an instant certification and next steps on how to get your medical marijuana card through the state. You register with the NY DOH and your card comes in the mail in a week and you can start buying medical cannabis.
How do I find a NY medical marijuana doctor?
The process of finding a provider has historically been the hardest part, but not anymore. Veriheal is a medical cannabis network that helps everyday people find physicians that are licensed from the state to certify patients for cannabis treatment, and will recommend them for medical marijuana.
Veriheal’s practitioners work closely with their clients, medical providers, and dispensaries to ensure that all patients receive discreet, safe, and sophisticated care.
All Veriheal doctors in New York are all state licensed physicians that have worked with thousands of medical cannabis patients. They believe in the healing power of cannabis and every patient will get the treatment they seek after speaking with a doctor.
My primary care physician is not registered, can I still get a recommendation from them?
No. You can only get approved for medical marijuana from a practitioner that has registered with the NY Medical Marijuana Program, and Veriheal can provide that for you.
Does chronic pain qualify me for medical cannabis in NY?
Yes, New York now allows people with chronic pain to be approved for medical marijuana use and obtain a medical marijuana card.
What are the qualifying conditions in New York?
Patients in New York will be approved for any condition. The most common diagnoses fall into the general categories:
- Chronic pain
- Amyotrophic lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injury with Spasticity
- Inflammatory bowel Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
What is the Cost?
The cost is $199 through Veriheal and that covers your medical evaluation, your consultation with a licensed New York, and a 1-year Certification for medical marijuana purchases. You pay only if you are approved. There is a one-time $50 application fee with the state, but they are currently waiving that fee.
Once I get my card, what type of medicine can I buy from New York dispensaries?
If you get your cannabis card you get access to:
- Oral Capsules
Utilize Veriheal’s Dispensary Locator to search for local dispensaries in New York.
What if I have other questions?
You can contact Veriheal anytime, we will be glad to assist you.
Also, you can view the NY state website at: https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/faq.htm